If one goes by the name, it is not difficult to understand that these tyres are suitable for all weather conditions. These tyres are an amalgamation of the characteristics of both summer and winter tyres.
In the UK, the standard temperature for changing tyres is the seven-degree Celsius mark. All-season tyres save you this hassle of repeatedly changing tyres every season.
Characteristics of all-season tyres:
Composition: All-season or all-weather tyres have a unique composition of rubber. They are engineered to be harder than the rubber compound of the winter tyres. At the same time, they are much softer than the summer variants. The compound significantly lowers the rolling resistance and also offers outstanding grip throughout the year.
Tyre Tread: The tread patterns on these car tyres feature slits which enable you to achieve a greater grip on all kinds of surfaces.
The advantages of owning an all-season tyre
To make sure that you can make an informed decision, we decided to elaborate on some of its strengths. They are as follows:
- Except for extreme weather conditions, all-season tyres are a great option. The consistency of its components ensures excellent handling and braking capabilities on both dry and wet terrains.
- Their tread pattern allows you to have exceptional comfort and traction on all kinds of surfaces.
- These tyres have a specific marking on them- M+S. This marking ensures you will get equally impressive performance on muddy and snowy strips.
- The 3PMSF symbol is nothing but a combination of the M+S marking along with a mountain and a snowflake symbol. Specific high-end varieties of all-season tyres have this kind of symbol. They represent the fact that your tyre is capable of increasing your car’s overall performance by almost thirty per cent. We have an extensive collection of these tyres at Tyre King Autocentres.
Some key points to keep in mind
Like everything in life, all-season tyres too have their limitations, albeit a few of them. Allow us to shed some light on them:
- Despite all of its great qualities, these tyres aren’t ideal once heavy snowfall starts.
- Our experts recommend you to change the tyres if the tread depth goes lower than 3mm.
- If you love to go to the mountains, high-performance tyres are a much better option.
All-Season tyres at Tyre King Autocentres
If you decide to try out an all-season tyre after reading the above description, make it a point to visit us. We have a sufficient stock of all-season tyres at Coalville, and we offer them at prices you wouldn’t believe.
You can also purchase these tyres online from our virtual store.